Caramel Strawberry Madeleines with Whipped Cream, Caramelised Strawberry Sauce and Caramelised Almonds.
I absolutely indulge in these traditional small French cakes, and this recipe comprise caramelised strawberries which adds non-intense sour and sharp tang to the cakes.
The love for Madeleines continues and another innovativeness shared…
200g Strawberries at room temperature (blitzed)
60g Granulated sugar
15g Liquid glucose (LG)
(Makes approx. 220g of caramel strawberry sauce)
1. Sugar + LG + Water in a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Let it bubble and brown along the side of the pan.
3. Remove pan from heat, and add in blitzed strawberries gently, stirring constantly.
4. Put the pan back on low heat for 30seconds to 1 min, again stirring constantly.
5. Cool before use.
70g Unsalted butter
30g Salted butter
(all butters melted and cooled)
100g Plain flour
3g Baking powder
30g Golden caster sugar
30g Caster sugar
110g egg (Approx. 2 medium eggs at room temperature)
Zest from 1 unwaxed lemon
Method (Makes approx. 12 Madeleines)
1. Whisk eggs with sugars till pale and frothy.
2. Add melted butter, lemon zest and 200g of caramel strawberry sauce to the egg mixture. Whisk gently.
3. Fold in the flours and bp (well sifted) again using a whisk.
4. Cover with cling film and rest in fridge for minimum 45mins (up to overnight).
5. When ready to bake, melt some butter and brush it over the madeleine mould/pan and dust with flour (important!).
6. Bake at 200c for 5 mins, turn off the oven for 1 min and at 160c for further 5 mins (Total 11 mins bake time).
Serve with whipped cream, caramel strawberry sauce (remaining approx.. 20g) and caramelised sliced almonds.