A perfectly delectable cake. This recipe originated initially from a bundt recipe which I have trialed and tested various times, and revised to my taste.
Exciting variation of history exists about Bundt cakes from Wikipedia. I have to admit, it is always great to find out more about the cakes I so loving bake, serve and consume! 🙂
I do not own a bundt mould or tin hence have used my aluminium chiffon cake tin instead.
Used an 18cm chiffon cake tin.
113g Unsalted butter (softened)
175g Granulated sugar
23ml Corn oil
188g Plain flour
1 ¼ tsp. Baking powder / approx.. 4g
150ml Egg / 3 British medium eggs (room temperature, lightly beaten)
½ tsp. Vanilla essence
145g Blueberries (Washed, dried, tossed in plain flour)
½ tsp. + 1/8 tsp. salt
1. Beat butter, sugar and oil till light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, little at a time (3-4 times) and beat using electric mixer lightly (Approx. Speed 2).
3. Add vanilla essence and beat.
4. Combine flour, bp. and salt.
5. Again using electric mixer, add and beat in this order 1/3 of the flour –> 1/2 buttermilk –> 1/3 flour –> ½ buttermilk.
6. The final 1/3 of the flour, mix using spatula to avoid over-beating.
7. Ensure cake mould or tin well buttered and floured. Pour batter and sprinkle blueberries according to picture shown.
8. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour. (depending on individual ovens)
9. Leave the cake to rest and cool in mould or tin for 10-15 mins before carefully removing.
CreamCili’s Bundt 🙂